Small Business Programs + Set-Aside Award Eligibility
Fluet attorneys have significant experience representing government contractors in all matters regarding the small business programs established by the Small Business Administration (SBA) for small businesses. Our attorneys are committed to working with small businesses and their owners to navigate and understand the requirements for the programs for:
- Small Business;
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB);
- Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB);
- Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB);
- Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB);
- Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone);
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB); and
- 8(a) Program.
Our clients benefit from Fluet’s experience in:
- Helping small business concerns pre-assess eligibility for and obtain any required certifications for: 8(a) certification, WOSB/EDWOSB certification, HUBZone certification, VOSB/SDVOSB certification, SDB certification.
- Involvement in the development and negotiation of Mentor-Protégé program applications and joint venture agreements between the small business protégé and the large business mentor consistent with the regulations.
- Counsel clients on affiliation avoidance and mitigation strategies, limitations on subcontracting, and size or status re-certification.
- Representing clients on size appeals to the SBA’s Office of Hearings and Appeals (OHA).