As the only law firm with a former General Counsel of both the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (DNFSB), Fluet has one-of-a-kind expertise and experience in Nuclear Law and is perfectly positioned to support all types of nuclear enterprises. Operating in a heavily regulated environment, being successful in the nuclear industry takes an extraordinary amount of technical knowledge and legal experience to provide effective representation.
Our clients benefit from Fluet’s nuclear law, nuclear indemnity, and liability matters experience including:
- Involvement in all aspects of government contract formation and administration for the three NNSA Laboratories.
- Provision of legal advice for multiple source evaluation boards, including all those for NNSA’s Management & Operating (M&O) contracts for the Nuclear Weapons Complex.
- Intimate familiarity with the Labs’ missions, operations, leadership and staffing.
- Extensive cooperation with the United Nations, the International Atomic Energy Agency, and the Conference on Disarmament.
- Negotiation of numerous multilateral and bilateral international agreements, including the U.S. – India Civil Nuclear Agreement.