Government Contractor Due Diligence + Acquisitions
The Fluet Government Contracts Practice provides top-caliber legal and advisory services to and guidance for mergers, asset or stock sales, spin-offs, recapitalization, or reorganization events involving government contractors. Our team combines extensive transactional experience with subject-matter expertise in government contracting to ensure that all aspects of the deal are carefully evaluated and negotiated, and your company remains complaint with applicable laws and regulations when engaged in strategic growth initiatives or exit strategies.
Fluet’s past Government Contractor Due Diligence + Acquisitions experience includes:
- Conducting pre-acquisition due diligence, including evaluating and performing compliance assessments for the government contractor or government contractor portfolio to identify any unique issues that could impact valuation or deal approval.
- Counseling on entity affiliation avoidance and affiliation mitigation strategies where the target entity is a small business concern.
- Assistance with acquisition related disclosures or approvals required as a result of the deal including, size or set-aside status re-certifications, novation requests, and change-of-name agreements.
- Routinely represent government contractors in the defense space with resulting change of ownership and control notifications and approvals with Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) and other government customers.
- Routinely represent government contractors obtaining foreign investment and assist in getting approvals from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. (CFIUS) and DCSA with respect to classified programs.