Join Our Team
Fluet is actively recruiting highly qualified individuals to join our firm as associates and legal professionals. Harnessing an entrepreneurial spirit, we seek attorneys and staff who have a passion for building a practice and are dedicated to clients and community. Throughout the extraordinary events of 2020, our firm has experienced steady growth and represented a record number of clients in a diverse range of matters in each of our core practice groups.
Think we’re a fit for you? Take a look at our open positions.
What Our Attorneys + Staff Say
Government Contracts Partner
The Government Contracts Partner will represent and counsel clients on all aspects of government contracts, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, investigations, disclosures, contract drafting and negotiation, and regulatory compliance. The Partner will be part of a dynamic team with opportunity to work with our current clients and to expand the practice.
The right candidate will have a portable book of business ($750,000 – $1mil; negotiable), 10 + years of GovCon practice experience, and extensive experience with bid protests, contract disputes (contracting officer/board/COFC), and transactional work (e.g., contracts, proposals, novations). Additionally, experience with internal investigations, procurement fraud, audits, and advisory/compliance (FAR/DFARS) is equally important.
A Partner with an entrepreneurial mindset, mentorship abilities, and similar qualities that will inspire others on the team are a plus. To fit with Fluet’s collegial work environment, we are looking for a team oriented, amiable, growth-minded, and confident leader.
- Admission to Virginia or D.C. Bar
- Admission to U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- IP protection and cost accounting knowledge
- National security and defense experience
The Litigation Partner will represent and counsel clients on all aspects of dispute resolution and litigation, including complex civil litigation, contract claims and disputes, investigations, and regulatory compliance issues. The Partner will be part of a dynamic team with the opportunity to work with our current clients and to expand the practice.
The right candidate will have a portable book of business, 15 years of Litigation practice experience, and extensive experience with complex litigation on both state and federal courts. Additionally, experience with internal investigations, administrative actions, and regulatory compliance would be preferred. A Partner with an entrepreneurial mindset, mentorship abilities, and similar qualities that will inspire others on the team are a plus. To fit with Fluet’s collegial work environment, we are looking for a team oriented, amiable, growth-minded, and confident leader.
- Admission to Virginia or D.C. Bar
- National Security and Defense experience
Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist
Fluet is looking for a motivated junior accounting/financial professional to support our Finance Department with a range of clerical tasks aimed at optimizing departmental efficiency.
Ideal candidates should have at least 2-4 years of accounting experience or a combination of relevant education and general office experience. Preference will be given to those with a background in supporting or providing services in the legal industry.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to join a thriving firm, with a collegial office environment while working closely with Sr. Finance Manager on multifaceted aspects of finance work. The position is eligible for hybrid work, with an expectation of at least 2-3 days in the Tysons, VA office.
- Receive, review and process internal and client related invoices.
- Reconcile monthly expense reports and credit card payments.
- Maintain accurate records of all accounts payable transactions.
- Generate and distribute client invoices accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure invoices are compliant with legal billing guidelines and requirements.
- Collaborate with attorneys to ensure accurate and prompt billing.
- Record and allocate payments to the appropriate client accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and analysis as required.
- Maintain and manage legal software.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and financial processes.
- Demonstrates integrity and encourages ethical behavior and decision-making.
- Strong analytical capabilities, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Proficient in Excel. Ability to learn and adapt to financial data systems.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are always looking for qualified individuals to join our firm! Please complete our general employment application and a copy of your resume will be shared with the Fluet Human Resources Department for consideration for future relevant open positions.