Corporate + Transactional
International Transactions + Foreign Investments
Fluet attorneys provide elite, efficient, and effective advice in a variety of matters involving international transactions. Our team routinely leverages legal, business administration, management, and accounting expertise to provide creative solutions to the most complex transactional challenges. With key members having spent significant time operating overseas in both civilian and military capacities, the Fluet Corporate + Transactional team is familiar with the obstacles of establishing and preserving an international business, and approaches any hurdles with forward-looking, adaptable, and creative solutions.
To date, our Corporate + Transactional team has:
- Negotiated corporate transactions in virtually every major industry, including the defense contracting, government consulting, technology, aircraft leasing, retail, financial services, software, agriculture, energy, healthcare, and life sciences sectors.
- Developed sustainable relationships with fellow attorneys, business administration, accounting, finance, and taxation experts throughout the world who can provide advice and counsel on matters of local custom and usage.
- Helped clients establish a foreign footprint by negotiating and closing lease agreements, local agent and representative agreements, and other labor-related requirements for employees.
- Structured joint ventures and completed the formation of complex business in some of the most austere operating environments in the world.
- Sat side-by-side with clients to negotiate complex transactions with representatives of foreign governments and Heads of State.
- Ensured that clients complied with U.S. export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Navigated the myriad of U.S. and foreign regulations to ensure that international individuals and entities are properly registered with the applicable agencies and are acting in accordance with requirements of other domestic international monitoring organizations.
- Liaised with foreign governments, embassies, and other in-country ministries to obtain the requisite formal and informal approvals required for international business operations.