Corporate + Transactional
Mergers + Acquisitions
Fluet’s Corporate + Transactional team provides top-caliber legal and advisory services to small and middle-market companies in both the government contracting and commercial spaces. Whether the deal is a merger, asset or stock sale, spin-off, recapitalization, or reorganization, our attorneys combine extensive transactional experience with integrated subject-matter expertise in government contracting, international trade, export compliance, employment law, intellectual property, and litigation to ensure that all aspects of the deal are carefully evaluated and negotiated.
We understand the speed of business and have the agility to accommodate compressed timelines while understanding the complexities of these matters to help position businesses for future success.
Our clients benefit from Fluet’s past experience:
- Conducting pre-acquisition due diligence, including evaluating and performing compliance assessments for the government contractor or government contractor portfolio to identify any unique issues that could impact valuation or deal approval.
- Counseling on entity affiliation avoidance and affiliation mitigation strategies where the target entity is a small business concern.
- Assistance with acquisition-related disclosures or approvals required as a result of the deal, including size or set-aside status re-certifications, novation requests, and change-of-name agreements.
- Representing government contractors in the defense space with resulting change of ownership and control notifications and approvals with the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) and other government customers.
- Routinely advising government contractors obtaining foreign investment and assisting in getting approvals from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. (CFIUS) and DCSA with respect to classified programs.