Corporate + Transactional
Intellectual Property, Licensing + Protection
Proper asset protection can determine business success or failure. Intellectual Property (IP) is more than a patent for a better mousetrap or your secret formula for making cola. IP includes patents, copyrights, trademarks, tradenames, trade secrets, business methods, customer lists, pricing terms, and a whole host of other matters. Protecting IP requires a mix of formal governmental filings, internal procedures, and comprehensive contracts with founders, employees, contractors, customers, and business partners.
At Fluet, our attorneys provide clients with full-service counsel to effectively protect and grow businesses. If a business depends on IP, Fluet’s Corporate + Transactional team works to ensure that the work is properly protected.
Fluet’s Intellectual Property, Licensing + Protection solutions include:
- Drafting and negotiating proprietary information and assignment of inventions agreements.
- Assisting and preparing filings for copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property filings.
- Negotiating and reviewing IP licensing agreements.
- Assisting with trade secret protection and polices.
- Advising technology-based companies with overall IP protection strategies.
- Performing due diligence review of key intellectual property ownership and protection.