Litigation + Investigations
Uniformed Services Employment + Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
Fluet is proud to be a veteran-owned law firm with experienced attorneys who can provide subject matter expertise, advice, and guidance to employers on the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA). Thanks to decades of previous experience representing federal employees who may have encountered USERRA covered employment actions on their return to work, our Litigation + Investigations team works to proactively support employers, in both the private and public sector, to help understand and comply with all USERRA-related obligations.
Fluet attorneys can:
- Explain specific steps employers should take for their employees who may be past and present uniformed service members and eligible for employment, reemployment, retention, promotion, or any other benefit of employment.
- Advise employers concerning issues that may arise when employees are absent due to qualifying uniformed service.
- Draft, review or revise USERRA compliant handbook and company policies.
- Assist employers with understanding obligations during deployment for uniformed service members, and related state law issues on return from service, and the compliance steps employers will need to take.
- Assist employers with responding to inquiry from state or federal authorities related to USERRA investigations or alleged violations.