Intl Foreign + Domestic Business Formation, Structuring + Governance
Fluet’s International Trade Practice provides actionable guidance on structuring and operating global business interests. Boasting significant experience leading high-growth global companies, our elite team of attorneys are boardroom veterans with extensive knowledge in developing and executing scalable growth and governance strategies. Fluet attorneys assist clients with all aspects of structuring and operating international businesses as well as taking on foreign investment in U.S. businesses.
Attorneys in Fluet’s International Trade Practice assist clients by:
- Structuring multinational business structures and joint ventures to achieve clients’ business objectives and forming the necessary foreign and domestic entities.
- Preparing and negotiating all necessary agreements, including comprehensive governance documents and management agreements.
- Advising on all U.S.G. regulatory matters, including, as appropriate, all matters relating to export compliance (ITAR and EAR), compliance with OFAC sanctions regimes, compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other applicable anti-corruption regimes, and, for foreign investment into U.S. companies, obligations relating to Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) approval and Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence (FOCI).
- Advising and assisting clients with all aspects of in-country banking and financial matters, such as developing comprehensive financial management strategies, including advising on all banking matters.
- Advising and assisting clients with in-county labor and employee matters, including payroll and employee benefits.
- Developing and implementing intellectual property and asset protection strategies.
- Advising on counter-trade and offset requirements to include the UAE’s Tawazun Economic Program.
- Developing and executing effective exit strategies from foreign markets.