Complex Deal Structuring + Negotiations
With a proven track record of being an instrumental partner, Fluet’s elite team of former founders and C-Suite executives are sought out by companies worldwide who seek attorneys with real-world experience in successful international business transactions. Fluet attorneys advise clients on all facets of structuring, negotiation, and execution of complex cross-border transactions. We have particular experience with on-the-ground deployment to hospitable and inhospitable regions in support of our clients. As corporate allies, our attorneys leverage their extensive industry experience to provide clients with actionable and practical advice.
The Fluet International Trade team assists clients by:
- Performing comprehensive due diligence on prospective partners and market viability.
- Structuring the deal and supporting transactions to be executable, legally compliant, and supportive of strategic objectives.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy for political and industry outreach.
- Advising on USG regulatory matters, including, as appropriate, all matters relating to export compliance (ITAR and EAR), compliance with Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions regimes, compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and other applicable ant- corruption regimes.
- Advising and assisting with all banking and financial matters.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive logistics and in-country life-support strategies.
- Developing and implementing intellectual property protection strategies, agreements, and joint ownership agreements, often with state-owned entities.
- Structuring in-country subsidiaries and joint ventures with in-country partners.
- Advising on counter-trade and offset requirements to include the United Arab Emirates Tawazun Economic Program.