Thomas “Tom” Craig is the Managing Partner of Fluet. Mr. Craig represents, advises, and counsels individuals and entities in a wide variety of matters, including government contracting, sensitive government inquiries and internal investigations, complex civil litigation, export and other regulatory compliance, structuring business transactions, and criminal defense.
Mr. Craig has extensive experience representing government contractors, especially in high stakes litigation. He assisted a major defense manufacturer in obtaining a nine-figure judgment from its principle subcontractor in a case involving allegations of overcharging and trade secret violations. While he handles all matters related to government contractors, from bid protests to teaming agreements, Mr. Craig specializes in high-profile and high-risk matters that require comprehensive coordination of legal, media, political, and consulting efforts.
His other matters include breach of contract claims against the government, enforcement of work share agreements, violations of non-competition agreements, bank fraud claims, grand jury subpoenas, and alleged trade secret violations. He also has extensive employment law experience, including drafting employment contracts, advising on employment practices and policies, and litigating a wide variety of employment issues.
Before joining Fluet, Mr. Craig practiced law at Williams & Connolly LLP. Mr. Craig earned a Bachelor of Science in Economics from the University of Illinois and graduated magna cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center where he was also an editor of the Georgetown Law Journal.
Mr. Craig had a distinguished military career, serving more than 21 years as an active duty Marine, primarily in intelligence and counterintelligence billets.
- Obtained an eight-figure settlement from the U.S. Government in a forfeiture case related to contracting in support of the Afghanistan war effort.
- Successfully resolved a multimillion-dollar dispute related to intelligence community contractors that involved federal States Secrets issues.
- Successfully resolved a seven-figure post-acquisition dispute over a holdback escrow, resulting in full payment of escrowed funds to client.
- Attorney, Williams & Connolly LLP
- Head, Counterintelligence Branch, Headquarters Marine Corps
- Head, Intelligence Estimates, Headquarters Marine Corps
- Officer in Charge, I MEF All-Source Fusion Center
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S. in Economics, University of Illinois
Certifications + Licenses
- Virginia Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia