As a Partner at Fluet, Francis “France” Hoang represents, advises, and counsels middle-market companies on a wide variety of matters, including sensitive government inquiries and internal investigations, corporate compliance, corporate governance, and government contracts law. Holding an active security clearance, Mr. Hoang has unique and extensive experience with the defense, intelligence, and homeland security industries.
Before joining Fluet, Mr. Hoang served as Associate Counsel to the President of the United States. In this capacity, he represented the White House in a myriad of investigations and other sensitive matters before Congress, the GAO, and other government agencies, and he provided legal counsel to the Homeland Security Council.
Mr. Hoang’s prior experience also includes brief service as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia, as well as practice at Williams & Connolly LLP. He was also a judicial law clerk to Judge Thomas Griffith of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit and summer law clerk to Judge Jamie Baker of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. Mr. Hoang graduated in the academic top 1% of his West Point class, earned a Master of Criminal Justice from Washburn University, and graduated magna cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center. He has also passed the CPA Examination. Mr. Hoang serves as an advisor to the ABA Standing Committee on Law & National Security.
Mr. Hoang was evacuated from Saigon, Vietnam at the age of two and grew up in Tumwater, Washington. From 2009-2010, as an officer in the U.S. Army, he served in Southeast Afghanistan as the Executive Officer of a U.S. Army Special Forces Company that deployed for seven months of combat operations in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM.
- Represented the Executive Office of the President in connection with investigations by Congress, the GAO, and other federal agencies.
- Provided strategic advice and legal counsel to a middle-market government contractor in connection with a private equity investment.
- Represented a middle-market government contractor in connection with subcontractor-prime dispute.
- Obtained a $900,000 settlement for a government contractor in a contract dispute with another contractor.
- Associate Counsel to the President, The White House
- Associate, Williams & Connolly LLP
- Judicial Law Clerk to Judge Thomas B. Griffith, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Summer Law Clerk to Judge Jamie Baker, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Law Clerk, Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- U.S. Army; Executive Officer, B Company, 2d Battalion, 20th Special Forces Group (Airborne)
- Deputy Chief of Police / SWAT Commander, Fort Leavenworth, KS
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif
- Master of Criminal Justice, Washburn University
- B.S., United States Military Academy; Distinguished Graduate, Dean’s List
Certifications + Licenses
- Passed the CPA Examination
- Virginia Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Supreme Court Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces Bar
- Active Security Clearance