Stephanie Olson has achieved an impressive reputation as a transactional attorney with a unique blend of business, compliance, leadership, negotiation, and drafting skills. Her experience in guiding clients through all stages of corporate endeavors is both broad and deep, covering the full spectrum of negotiated transactions. Clients consistently rely on Ms. Olson for her high-level guidance and collaborative approach, which reflect the critical training and discipline of a large NYC law firm, as well as the practical perspective and insight of in-house counsel.
During her 13 years as in-house counsel, the last four as General Counsel of a start-up firm that grew into a NYSE-traded billion dollar company, Ms. Olson became adept at structuring business combinations that satisfied a web of related, yet often conflicting objectives. Ms. Olson’s innovative solutions and straightforward advice reflect the breadth of her legal experience, insight and business acumen.
Ms. Olson offers sophisticated and coordinated real-time legal advice across the full range of corporate transactions and related matters, including asset or stock sales and purchases; structuring business combinations, joint ventures and strategic mergers or spin-offs; managing all aspects of corporate governance; counseling on corporate best practices; fine-tuning strategic initiatives; designing internal processes and policies; creating goal-oriented equity incentive plans and executive compensation packages; effecting public offerings of equity or debt; overseeing internal investigations and regulatory inquiry responses; negotiating credit facilities, venture capital investments and other loan documentation; preparing template agreements or contract language to facilitate business; maintaining compliance with SEC and NYSE regulations and filings; and achieving risk management through third party insurance, policies and other tailored programs.
Ms. Olson completed her undergraduate degree in International Relations at Georgetown University and holds both law and business degrees from Georgetown University’s graduate programs.
*Stephanie Olson is only admitted to practice law in New York.
- Structured, negotiated, and closed over 300 corporate and merger transactions.
- Drafted in excess of 1000 contracts, plans, leases, resolutions, handbooks, proxies, board agendas, public disclosure, proposals and policies
- General Counsel & SVP, Business Affairs, Lenox Advisors, Inc.
- Associate General Counsel and SVP, National Financial Partners Corp.
- Corporate Associate, Morrison & Foerster
- Corporate Associate, Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP (fka LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae)
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- M.B.A., Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
- B.A., Georgetown University
Certifications + Licenses
- New York Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar (Pending)
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals
- National Association of Corporate Directors