An experienced business attorney and law firm founder, John Purcell is a Partner in Fluet’s Corporate + Transactional Practice. Mr. Purcell’s practice at Fluet includes a wide range of transactional and corporate matters with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions and financing transactions.
For over 20 years, Mr. Purcell has been assisting multinational public and private companies and investors with mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, venture capital financing, debt financing, technology outsourcing and licensing, securities compliance, as well as providing outside general counsel services. He has represented companies and investors in many industries including, health care, marketing, financial services, manufacturing, retail, information technology, telecommunication and transportation.
Prior to joining Fluet, Mr. Purcell founded an intellectual property and business law firm and advised clients on developing, protecting, and unlocking the value of innovations and technologies through patent prosecution, USPTO proceedings, commercialization and licensing, intellectual property asset management, intellectual property litigation, corporate governance, employment and compensation, contracts, financing, acquisitions and divestitures, spin-off ventures, and securities law compliance.
*John Purcell is only admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia and New York.
- Advised public company client in negotiating and closing a multi-million dollar secured credit facility.
- Successfully closed a series of multi-million dollar acquisitions for public company client.
- Counseled client in closing a late stage venture capital financing and subsequent initial public offering.
- Led the negotiation and closing of a multi-million dollar technology outsourcing agreement covering the worldwide information technology operations of a private company client.
- Counseled and assisted private company client working to develop suite of products with support from the United States Army.
- Founder, VIVICAR Law, PLLC
- Associate, Dentons
- Deputy General Counsel, Simplexity (formerly InPhonic, Inc.)
- Associate, DLA Piper
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison (with distinction)
Certifications + Licenses
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York State Bar
- Mr. Purcell represents non-profit corporations in formation and corporate matters and with establishing and maintaining 501(c)(3) status.