Kathleen “Katie” Cusack brings a highly sought after combination of skills to Fluet by boasting experience in both international trade and litigation. During her 6-year tenure as a practicing attorney, she has counseled clients from a diverse set of industries.
Having a passion for all things international, Ms. Cusack is excited to grow her practice as a member of Fluet’s International Trade team. Prior to joining the firm, she worked as an International Trade Associate at a large D.C.-based law firm where she represented U.S. industries in antidumping investigations, reviews, and appeals. Ms. Cusack has authored both U.S. Court of International Trade and U.S. Department of Commerce briefs, presented arguments during hearings at the U.S. Department of Commerce, and drafted submissions for several proceedings before the U.S. International Trade Commission. In addition, Ms. Cusack has experience helping clients mitigate potential risks in sanctions compliance and has supported several export control, CFIUS, policy, and customs matters.
She received a Bachelor of Arts in International Relations from the University of Rochester and her J.D. from the University of North Carolina (UNC) School of Law. At UNC she served as Editor in Chief of the North Carolina Journal of International Law, was a Student Participant in the UNC Intellectual Property Clinic, the Fundraising Chair for the Veterans Advocacy Legal Organization, and a Mentor for Women in Law.
Embracing an entrepreneurial spirit, Ms. Cusack also has experience supporting small businesses with their business operations, intellectual property, and marketing efforts. In her free time, Ms. Cusack enjoys travelling, staying active, and spending time with family and friends.
*Katie Cusack is only admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and North Carolina.
- Defended U.S. steel, plastics, downstream, and agricultural manufacturers from unfairly traded imports in antidumping investigations, reviews, and appeals.
- Assisted a web-based company in identifying and mitigating risks related to sanctions.
- Defended a grocery store chain in a case concerning allegations of breach of contract and default.
- Defended a financial services company in arbitration concerning allegations of breach of contract.
- International Trade Associate, Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Litigation Associate, Barbour, Searson, Jones & Cash PLLC
- Litigation Associate, Freeman Mathis & Gary LLP
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law
- B.A., University of Rochester
Certifications + Licenses
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- North Carolina Bar
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina