Adglon “Adge” Hudson is a valued and trusted C-Suite advisor having over a decade of experience as a General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer. Mr. Hudson has extensive experience advising clients in the global aerospace, defense, and intelligence industries. He is widely recognized for bringing creative business and legal solutions to fast-paced, high-risk environments.
Having closed more than $1 billion in transactions for direct commercial sales of highly regulated defense articles and services in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, Mr. Hudson is well-versed in structuring, negotiating, and implementing complex international transactions. In this regard, Mr. Hudson routinely assists clients with all aspects of cross-border transactions, to include doing business in emerging and frontier markets, opportunity due diligence, navigating the various anti-corruption regimes and U.S. export laws and regulations, OFAC compliance, structuring and establishing foreign entities (both attributable and non-attributable), and structuring and negotiating cross-border joint ventures. He also advises clients on navigating Offset and similar requirements, navigating Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Foreign Military Financing (FMF) transactions, intellectual property protection, international Letters of Credit and payment terms, representation agreements, teaming agreements, and supply chain and procurement agreements.
Mr. Hudson also assists aviation clients, including aircraft operators, integrators, and original equipment manufacturers, with Federal Aviation Administration regulatory compliance, aircraft registration, transactions involving Type Certificates and Supplemental Type Certificates, transactions relating to aircraft airworthiness and systems qualification, aircraft sales, wet and dry lease agreements, security instruments, and recording agreements with the FAA and International Registry.
He particularly enjoys working with clients to support their growth and business development strategies. In this regard, Mr. Hudson assists clients with relationship and deal structuring and drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial and government contracts, including subcontracts, master services agreements, teaming agreements, consulting agreements, licensing agreements, equipment leases, property leases, corporate credit facilities, entity formation documents, and asset sale agreements. He also assists clients with real-estate matters, policies and procedures, governance, succession planning, and risk management strategies.
Before joining Fluet, Mr. Hudson served as General Counsel and Secretary to a middle-market, worldwide provider of aerospace, defense, and intelligence solutions. In this capacity, Mr. Hudson was a trusted advisor responsible for providing strategic and innovative legal solutions to all levels of the organization. Mr. Hudson resides in Charlotte, North Carolina.
*Adge Hudson is only admitted to practice law in North Carolina.
- Managed financial and regulatory compliance of corporate client’s global aviation assets and operations valued in excess of $600M.
- Closed more than $1 billion in cross-border transactions.
- Deployed solo on behalf a corporate client and conducted an investigation into a complex $250M transnational extortion scheme in Europe and the MENA region. Developed and presented the mechanics of the scheme to the primary jurisdiction’s premier Law Enforcement agency.
- Managed a corporate client’s global portfolio of foreign brokers and sales agents representing over $10 Billion in opportunities for highly regulated defense articles in over twenty countries, including Iraq, Libya, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Turkey, Jordan, Malia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Pakistan, Uganda, and Kenya.
- Structured and advised on the nonattributable acquisition and operation of maritime business operating in jurisdictions hostile to U.S. interests.
- Advised on a highly regulated $200 Million weapons procurement for a MENA region customer. Negotiated and managed the procurement of European and South American sourced warheads and U.S. sourced guidance kits and fuses.
- Key member of the first team on the ground in post-Gaddafi Libya with U.S. Government Export approvals, structured and advised on multiple highly regulated programs in the country.
- Structured and advised on a sensitive Contractor Owned Contractor Operated (COCO) airborne ISR program in the MENA region.
- Legal advisor to embedded U.S. contractor teams deployed in Afghanistan and globally in support of U.S. Government counter-drug and terrorist operations.
- Negotiated and managed contract lifecycle for over $500 Million in supply chain sub-contracts.
- Structured and closed over $100 Million in aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) contracts with MENA region customers.
- Structured and closed a highly regulated $100M contract to codevelop sophisticated guided munitions with foreign state-owned enterprises.
- Structured and advised on airworthiness compliance solutions for non-U.S. military end-users.
- Elon University School of Law
- North Carolina State University
Certifications + Licenses
- North Carolina Bar